Internet marketing website design gives you a step up and ahead on your marketing.
Here’s how to create a website designed to be marketed, ranked well in the search engines and get visitors. It is easiest to implement these steps when creating the website but they can be implemented after with considerably more effort. We’re assuming you’re using WordPress. If not you can still use this advice with a little thought as to how to accomplish that in your platform. By the way, we have covered this topic before from a substantially different and complementary perspective in this article about Internet Marketing Design which is certainly also work reading.
- Choose a template that is SEO friendly and fast loading. Try this page for SEO themes and this page for fast themes. Here is another fast themes page.
- The page title must be in the H1 tag. If the theme doesn’t do this than you’ll have to hack it so it does. Many theme put the logo in the H1 tag and use the H12 tag for the page title. That won’t work for internet marketing website design. Also, you want to be sure that the title is the only instance of the H1 tag and it is also a problem for there to be two H1 tags. It’s okay to have multiple H2 or H3 tags per page. There are a lot of little things that a theme ought to accommodate but some don’t. We can’t guess them all so we hope that any theme reputed to be good for SEO will actually be good for SEO.
- The template must be mobile friendly and display a mobile version to mobile users.
- Configure your site to show AMP pages. Google maybe prioritizing AMP pages for mobile search results. This is accomplished with some plugins and additional configuration.
- Get an SSL certificate and permanently redirect all pages on your site to the https version. If you do this after your site is indexed you may take an initial hit as your site gets reindexed for the https version so it’s best to start out with the https version.
- Page load time for your website must be fast to rank high in search engines. This is especially true for your home page and all pages you want to rank high but any slow pages on your site may impact your rankings negatively. The goal is for all pages to load in less than 2 seconds. Up to 4 or 5 seconds is tolerable. Slower than that and your site will get demerits from google that will lower your rankings. This is essential to internet marketing website design.
- Ideally each page will be around 1 MB and certainly never more than 2 MB.
- If you have a very photo rich page where high resolution is required, say if you’re a photographer and this is your portfolio page you may not get below 2MB per page. But you probably can if you optimize your images well and keep one per page.
- Optimize your images to be lower Kilobytes per image so they don’t bloat your pages. My favorite way to do this is to open each image in Photoshop, reduce the size to whatever size works best on your site, then save for web at medium or high resolution.
- Use https://gtmetrix.com as tool to measure your page load speed and page size in Megabytes. GTMetrix gives a lot of advice on how to make your pages load faster most of which most people, even most website designers, won’t understand so you may need a specialist to take care of this. We recommend it in step 12.
- If you are just starting your website or redoing it, and you use WordPress, then getting a fast theme may save you a lot of trouble. This will save you a lot of trouble with your internet marketing website design.
- Only install plugins you need because each plug in slows down your site by added code the browsers (Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox) need to interpret. Its too temping to add lots of plug-ins because there are so many great ones that really add value to your site. But most of them will slow down your site so choose wisely for the best internet marketing website design.
- The following pages must be in your menu, although some may be in your bottom menu out of sight. Home, About, FAQ, Contact, Terms, Privacy, Sitemap. Of course you will have other pages that will vary with the type of site but these are 7 pages google looks for to validate a site is professional and worth ranking so make this part of your internet marketing website design.
- Display your address and phone number on the website as google sees this as a sign of a professional business and will rank you much higher. At least put it on your contact page and home page. It can also be on every page. It is alright if it’s in the footer or header but this is essential to internet marketing website design.
- Create all your social media accounts and link to them from your website using a social media plugin that displays the icons nicely and also be sure these accounts have links to your website.
- Internet marketing website design requires great 100% unique content.
- Your content (video and articles or posts) must be of value and interest to people for it to be effective. It will of course have to be optimized for the search engines as well but it is essential that when people click on your content that they stick around to read and watch rather than click away. This is a topic unto itself that will be covered more in depth.
- Do not copy anyone else’s content and do not let any other website duplicate your content. Put a copyright notice on your pages. Also use the rel author code to connect each article with the google plus profile of the author. Once a month search the internet for a unique string from each page on your site to see if anyone else is posting your content and if so send a cease and desist letter immediately.
- Do not copy your content on your own websites or social media accounts. Always post the original article or post on your website and then link to this content from Facebook and other social media. Do not repost the content directly – just link to it. The exception is video content which would first be posted on youtube and then be embedded on your website.
- If you’re using WordPress or any other CMS that archives content, i.e. duplicates your articles and posts in archives by date or author or category etc. then you must either deactivate those archives so those pages do not display or much easier just code them no-index so google ignores the content, doesn’t index it, and moves on. Don’t mark those page no-follow. Let them be followed, just no indexed. This is easily accomplished with the yoast plug in and absolution essential to internet marketing website design.
- Speaking of Yoast, use it and follow all its advice.
- Use Semrush or another similar site like MOZ and follow all its advice.
- Get fast hosting. If you can afford it use WP Engine, it is by far the best. Otherwise I recommend A2Hosting although there are other similarly good hosts.
- Get your site professionally optimized for speed after it is complete and all plug-ins are installed. There is always room for improvement and every second counts so once you have done all the above it is best to get a specialists in page load speed improvement to optimize your site speed and see how many seconds they can strip off your page load time. The faster your site is the better it will rank.
- If you accomplish all this then all that remains is an effective internet marketing campaign which will have at least three parts, which all deserve to be fully elaborated on in another article to come and has already been in three other articles Internet Marketing, Search Engine Optimization, and Internet Marketing Strategies .:
- On-site Marketing, i.e. continuous content creation and optimization.
- Social Media Marketing, linking to content on your site and encouraging conversation about and sharing of that content.
- Off-site Marketing, i.e. getting articles and posts published on high ranking sites that link back to your site.
Social media is integral to internet marketing
Nowadays social media marketing is crucial to internet marketing. People are spending more time on social media than browsing and searching the internet. So everyone with a website needs to be very active on social media. That is where the action is.
The foundation of great social media marketing campaigns is still great articles and posts on your website that are then linked to from your social media. They key is to write engaging articles that will get attention, shares, and comments.
Just look at Facebook and Twitter and see where all the attention is going. It’s following issues people feel strongly about. More to the point, the posts are getting people emotional. If you want have the country to love and support you and other half to boycott you just say something for or against any hot topic like Islamic migration, immigration, global warming, Trump, and so on. But this is really only appropriate if you’re a politician or a media celebrity. For us regular folk with businesses to run its very risky to express and opinion because you lose ½ your customers and unless the other half of the world rush to support you, you lose.
So how else can we garner interest in our words? Most of the political speak out there is very shallow and divisive and not truly informative. Most people, probably 99.9% of people have not read the Paris Accord nor even read a thorough intelligent article about it. But yet they all have a very strong opinion about it one way or another. So in today’s world there are two ways to go. One way is to go with the flow and post shallow meaningless yet emotional content that gets people yelling at each other. The other is to post real meaningful content that intelligent people will read, share, use, and like.
Let’s talk about real good content since shallow content will probably not work for most businesses.
You offer a product or service. You have put a lot of thought into is unique value proposition. You know how to sell it. Do that and do it in writing at least once a week from a different angle. You can try the long form sales pitch in writing. You can try the informative approach. Try every approach you can think of in writing or in video. If you can think up a meme try that too. Just keep putting your company out there with value propositions people may like.
For sure the most success these days is coming from video posts so although they are harder to produce, do it.
Then once you have posted your new content on your website and linked to it from Twitter and Facebook, etc. now you have to get the comments rolling on it. If your pages don’t get attention and you are not getting comments then you could ask a few people you know to read it and comment on it to get the ball rolling. I suggest they be customers or other business associates or maybe personal associates but not employees or family members. People will look to see if the names of people commenting match your employees or family members and flame you if they find a connection.
What really works well is paying to boost your posts etc. to get them noticed then you get likes and follows and that works really well to get the ball rolling on comments on your articles and posts. But there is a skill to doing that well. It may be more cost effective to hire a pro to manage that than to do it yourself. The results can justify the additional expense. It’s all about return on your marketing investment.
Here’s an article about social media marketing that will help do-it yourselfers a bit more.
Video marketing services
Video marketing services create video marketing campaigns or marketing videos for your business. Video marketing services are essential to internet marketing and SEO of your website. You must have marketing videos on youtube.com, on your own youtube channel which is properly cross-linked with your website. Your social media pages ought to refer to the marketing videos you post on youtube as well. Each social media post should have a unique blurb about the marketing video. That is, each post you make on each platform must be different from the other to avoid duplicate content. If you write more than a blurb about your video then that post or article should be on your website, not your social media platforms. And then that post or article should be linked to from your social media platforms. You would then embed the video in your post as we have done below. And then you would link to this post or article from your social media platforms instead of linking to the video on youtube directly.
Video marketing services may be the most important aspect of seo and internet marketing today. Lets simplify it. Any video you create and post properly will aid your business and is therefore a marketing video and part of your video marketing campaign. However, the better the video is, the better it is for your video marketing campaign. Quality content works for you day and night increasing your search engine rankings, your traffic, and interest in your brand, services, and products. First off, if anyone watches your video and likes it they will probably click like or share or whatever other appropriate action indicates they like it on whatever social platform they are using. They will also more likely dive deeper into the content on your site or social media platforms and perhaps even take an action like subscribe, or buy etc. Meanwhile their friends are seeing your marketing video that they shared or liked and they may be doing the same. On the other hand if your marketing video was boring, uninteresting, or created no value for them then none of that great stuff happens for you.
Video marketing services is not just about creating marketing videos; its about creating a video marketing campaign that is part of your overall internet marketing strategy. Then when brainstorming what videos to produce you have some foundation to work from and the important questions are already answered. A random approach could work too. Having some high-energy charismatic character prolifically creating content that people like and share will certainly work even if it is not in anyway planned or coordinated. In that case the video marketing services are following instead of leading and reviewing the content and optimizing it and probably attempting to suggest this personality vlog (video log) about things that would specifically help.
As we just implied, this sort of video is probably part of a vlog. Vlog are actually the most common and most successful type of video marketing. If someone is producing videos about whats happening at the company or in the world etc. that is certainly a vlog. If a planned scripted professional video about the company in general or any product or service is created that is not really a vlog video. Also if a advertisement video is produced that is not really a vlog video.
Lets talk about how our video marketing services could help you leverage the talent on your team.